Formerly RECW AMERICAS ALUMNI CHAPTER) (A Tax Exempt Organization under IRS Code Section 501 (c)(3). ID: 94-3362611)

Jan 2007 Meeting Back to Executive Body Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Praveen, Sarma, Subba Rao garu, Singh garu, Ankur, Sridhar, Prahlad garu, Ankur, Pavan, Shrinath Acharya garu, and Sunil
Regrests: Padma, Vijay
Location: Prahlad garu’s residence
Scribe Sunil

  1. Agenda Bashing

    • Added MBA, Business Form
  2. Review old action items

    • AI-11182006-1 for Sarma/Vijay/Pradeep to come up with a new architecture by Jan 15th 2007 [In Progress]
    • AI-11182006-2: Sunil to talk to all Regional Coordinators before next meeting [In Progress]
    • AI-11182006-3: Ankur to follow up on tech talks for other non-CS disciplines. [Done– First ECE is scheduled for Jan 27th]
    • AI-11182006-4 – Sunil to talk to N subrahmanyam garu about this
    • projects [Done]
    • AI-11182006-5 – Pradeep/Vijay to get the broadcast/listserver working [In Progress]
    • AI-11182006-6 – Ankur to send a newsletter once listserver is working [In Progress]
    • AI-11182006-7 - Prahlad garu to talk to Srinath Acharya garu and send update to the list about MBA fund raising [Done]
    • AI-11182006-8: Padma and Sunil to send financial year end summary before the next meeting [Done]
  3. MBA Fund Raising Update

    • Shrinath garu mentioned that he is in touch with the college admin and that he requested them to send an elaborate proposal.
    • Will be visiting India in Feb and time permitting will visit NITW
    • Sunil to talk to Subrahmanyam garu and schedule a phone call with Director and also about scholarships [AI-01202007-1]
    • Sarma/Pradeep/ Vijay/Sunil to give website update
    • Pradeep and Vijay gave an update. Website has been moved to HostMonster.
    • Old Functionality has been restored.
    • AI-11182006-1 for Sarma/Vijay/Pradeep to come up with a new architecture/task lists by Jan 15th 2007
    • Pradeep to the get the list server working by end of month
  4. News letter

    • Decided to send a news letter once list server is up. Every one comment on Ankur’s draft
    • Sponsorship for Techno-vision
    • Decided to give Rs 10,000/-
    • Annual Financial Update
    • Padma and Sunil has sent the initial draft. Padma will send a more detailed with every item in a spreadsheet version. [AI-01202007-2]
  5. Business Forum

    • Singh garu will be taking an active role starting March
    • Decided to have a kick off in March/April [AI-01202007-3]
    • Decided to have a formal business forum meeting in late summer
    • Barinstorm 2007 goals
    • Every one to send their top 3 goals by end of this month to the list. [AI-01202007-4]

Next Meeting
Next meeting is around March 17th/18th

Action Items

  • AI-11182006-1 for Sarma/Vijay/Pradeep to come up with a new architecture by Jan 15th 2007 [Resend the old document]
  • AI-11182006-2: Sunil to talk to all Regional Coordinators before next meeting
  • AI-11182006-5 – Pradeep/Vijay to get the broadcast/listserver working
  • AI-11182006-6 – Ankur to send a newsletter once listserver is working
  • AI-01202007-1- Sunil to talk to Subrahmanyam garu and schedule a phone call with Director and also about scholarships
  • AI-01202007-2 – Padma to send a detailed spreahsheet version with all items.
  • AI-01202007-3 – Singh garu will plan for a business forum kick off in March/April.
  • AI-01202007-4 – Every one to send their top 3 goals to the list by end of this month.

NITW Gallery

View Gallery